The Revenue Audit Clerk is independent of the transactions being audited. Is responsible for verifying, reconciling, reviewing and accounting for all transactions being performed and all documentations being audited within the Casino. Conducts audit under the direction and guidance of the Revenue Audit Manager.
• Maintains accurate records and files pertaining to audits of the areas of responsibility. The areas are (Cage, Vault, Floor Cashiers, Machines (techs), Restaurant, Bar, Gift Shop, Bingo, Players Club, Count, Blackjack and Poker).
• Reports and reconciles differences between expected results and actual results.
• Reviews transactional information generated in various gaming and non-gaming areas of the Casino to insure consistency. Included in this is verifying that transfers from one area are properly recorded as a receipt in another.
• Verifies continuity of cash balances from shift to shift and day to day.
• Verifies numerical accuracy of all paperwork generated within the Casino.
• Prepares a daily gaming spreadsheet, verifying correctness of opening and closing balances of each area. (For the Accounting Departments use).
• Verifies and monitors comps (players club, merchandise, complimentary privileges, etc.)
• Monitors and logs gift certificates by number.
• Assists with ensuring compliance with the NIGC MICS requirements.
• Ensures submission of the daily revenue reports as required.
• Examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to the policies and procedures.
• Receives, corrects and assures all records in reference to W2Gs are accounted for, per each gaming day. (Forward on to Accounting Department)
• Responsible for receiving, correcting and accounting for all currency transaction reports, per gaming day.
• Reconcile compliance data as directed with Title 31, such as MTLs, MILs, and the CTRC.
• Responsible to maintain adherence to the policy and procedures.
• Responsibilities to maintain and answer to internal audits and all external audits.
• Maintains accurate records and files pertaining to all of the areas that are audited.
• Accounts for all documents numbered forms and slips. (Keeps track of sequential numeric order).
• Maintains awareness of all Slot Machine Department activity of machine maintenance.
• Ensures proper procedures are followed when slot machines are placed on or taken off the floor.
• Responsible for monitoring the machines DTD, MTD, QTD, and YTD performances off the par percent of each machine.
• Ensure all slot machines are communicating, for Auditing purposes, Casino Management System (tickets, jackpots, drop and meters).
• Generates an over / short report reflecting the results for each cash handling department.
• Attends to others duties and responsibilities as directed by the Revenue Audit Manager or General Manager.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information.
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
Communication – Must have exceptional people skills. Able to communicate effectively with any customer and employees at all levels.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations
Ethics – Treat people with respect; inspire the trust of others; work with integrity and ethically; uphold organizational values.
Interpersonal Skills - Maintains high level of confidentiality.
Motivation - Must be self-motivating and able to motivate employees at all levels to achieve the company’s long and short term goals.
Oral Communication-Listen and get clarification; Respond well to questions.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
Professionalism - Follows through on commitments.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Teamwork – Contribute to building a positive team spirit; Support everyone’s effort to succeed.
Technical Skills -Shares expertise with others.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one (1) to three (3) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as procurement, governmental and internal policies and procedures. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, vendors, or employees of the organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as discounts, interest, fractions, ratios, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Review and/or audit internal documents to ensure accuracy of purchases, revenue, and errors of transaction.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and suggest a plan of action as necessary.
To perform this job, successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Outlook e-mail, internet, faxing, printing, copying, must be Excel proficient. Must type at a minimum of 25 words per minute.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to see and hear, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Must be able to work under stressful situations. Drug and Alcohol free workplace.
Must be able to work in a smoke filled environment.