To deal the game of poker, blackjack and other card games consistent with games the company offers in accordance with the accepted operating procedures, rules and policies of the casino.
• You are responsible for providing our customers with prompt, friendly customer service by smiling, calling the customer by name and attending to all their needs.
• Must provide our guests an entertaining gaming experience and enriching work environment for our team.
• Entice players to sit at table and play.
• Be knowledgeable regarding all policies and procedures pertaining to the card games the Casino offers.
• Present a neat, clean and well groomed appearance at all times.
• Deal cards to patrons efficiently.
• Play house hands from behind a gaming table.
• Deal appropriate number of cards out to players.
• Check players' bets.
• Compare players' hands with the house and determine winner.
• Announce winner and begin new game.
• Exchange money for chips to be used in games.
• Inspect cards to ensure compliance with gaming standards.
• Inspect gaming equipment.
• Receive cash wagers.
• Compute players' winnings and losses.
• Answer questions about game rules and variations.
• Watch for scammers or cheaters and have them removed from table if necessary.
• Notify Pit Supervisor of any irregularities.
• Resolve disputes or arguments by conferring with the supervisor on duty.
• Prepare collection reports for submission to supervisors.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
Communication – Must have exceptional people skills. Able to communicate effectively with any customer and employees at all levels.
Ethics – Treat people with respect; inspire the trust of others; work with integrity and ethically; uphold organizational values.
Motivation - Must be self-motivating and able to motivate employees at all levels to achieve the company’s long and short term goals.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Teamwork – Contribute to building a positive team spirit; Support everyone’s effort to succeed.
Oral Communications-Listen and get clarification; Respond well to questions.
This job requires no supervisory responsibilities.
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or one (1) to three (3) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have the ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, memos, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. This includes the ability to write communicative correspondence and to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of the organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, tips, and return on cash transactions.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
No computer skills are necessary for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to see and hear, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Must be able to work under stressful situations. Drug and Alcohol free workplace.
Must be able to work in a smoke filled environment.