This position represents the "front line" to slot machine customers. Individuals in this position must represent the very best in customer service representatives satisfying all customer needs. Individual must be well groomed, self-motivated, and able to work independently without direct supervision.
• Responsible for providing our customers with prompt and friendly customer service to provide our guests an entertaining gaming experience and enriching work environment for our team.
• Must understand the workings of the slot machines and all of the parts of the machine.
• Must be able to answer all customer questions and assist players in play.
• As problems occur, this position must handle "minor" maintenance issues identified as ticket jams, empty paper rolls, resetting machines, faulty parts replacement, machine cleaning, etc.
• Perform prompt maintenance/repairs to keep machines operational.
• Maintain and keep accurate paper records of all opening and closing of machine doors and all repairs to machines.
• Responsible for following all casino rules and regulations.
• Practice outstanding customer service to include greeting the customers and satisfying all their needs.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned during the Slots Manager, Shift Manager or the Casino Manager.
• Responsible for repairing the validators and cleaning stackers.
• Responsible for keeping an inventory list of parts. Other parts needed to keep the machines on the floor in proper working order. i.e. validators and stackers.
• Maintains compliance with Tribal MICS, Elk Valley Gaming Commission (EVGC) Regulations, and the State of California Compact.
• Assists in maintaining required records and files related to slot machines.
• Ensures that required meters are maintained in operating order.
• Responsible for the maintenance and repair of slot machines.
• Ensures that adequate supplies are on hand.
• Verifies jackpots, fills and accumulated credit payouts.
• Safeguards assets in the department.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information.
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
Communication – Must have exceptional people skills. Able to communicate effectively with any customer and employees at all levels.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations
Ethics – Treat people with respect; inspire the trust of others; work with integrity and ethically; uphold organizational values.
Interpersonal Skills - Maintains high level of confidentiality.
Motivation - Must be self-motivating and able to motivate employees at all levels to achieve the company’s long and short term goals.
Oral Communication-Listen and get clarification; Respond well to questions.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
Professionalism - Follows through on commitments.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Teamwork – Contribute to building a positive team spirit; Support everyone’s effort to succeed.
Technical Skills -Shares expertise with others.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or one (1) to three (3) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. This includes the ability to communicate effectively in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Visually analyze various capacities of proportions, distances, and frequencies.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, internet, & Microsoft Outlook e-mail and Slot software and hardware. Must type a minimum of 35 words per minute.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds within safety procedures. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to see and hear, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud; frequent exposure to cleaning chemicals; risk of electrical shock; and exposure to airborne particles.
Must be able to work under stressful situations. Drug and Alcohol free workplace.
Must be able to work in a smoke filled environment.