Sell Bingo paper either directly to the customer or at the station. Responsible for the care of the caller station and equipment associated with the calling of the Bingo games. Keeps games running smoothly and efficiently and controls the crowd. Responsible for reading rules and announces all of the prizes won as well as verifying all bingo's as they occur.
You are responsible for providing our customers with prompt and friendly customer service. To provide our guests an entertaining gaming experience and enriching work environment for our team.
• Set-up Bingo tables in preparation for each Bingo event including but not limited to placing RSVP name tags, tap bags, signs, and bags on the tables.
• Sell bingo paper to customers and handle money; accurately account for bingo paper inventory, sales and cash.
• If on the floor, continuously walk up and down the aisles of assigned section except when making a sale; make sure the section is covered by other floor clerks when at the cashier cage.
• If at admission station, handle sales efficiently and promptly to facilitate traffic flow.
• Gum chewing, smoking or eating is not permissible while at station or on the floor.
• Refrain from talking to other employees for lengthy periods of time.
• Answer any questions customers have regarding the games.
• Adhere to all standard operating policies on procedures for the floor.
• Maintain a neat and well-groomed appearance and adhere to the dress code required for the Floor Runner position.
• Make a thorough inspection of all equipment
• All balls must be cleaned and returned to the ball tray
• Program the session for the particular day, making sure all games are correct
• The caller and a member of the audience must verify that all balls are in the tray and there are no balls in the compartment under the tray
• Bingo house rules will be read before every game
• Before every game the caller will announce the game number, color of the paper and the pack it is in and the type of pattern the players are to look for
• Balls must be allowed to mix thoroughly for one minute before the blower is switched on
• The blower will be switched on and the first ball will be placed on the camera stand and the letter and number will be called
• Winning game patterns will be displayed on the bingo flash boards for each game being played
• Procedure for calling the balls must be rigidly adhered to
• Once a bingo is indicated the caller will stop calling the balls, and state that "we have a bingo" and all players are to hold their numbers
• The serial number of the winning number will be entered into the terminal
• If the computer screen shows a valid bingo, the caller will so indicate and inquire if there are any others
• The game is closed when no other bingo's are called
• The balls will be dropped and the next game will be called
• The computer will be reset and the caller will verify the correct shape for the next game.
• Other duties as assigned by Bingo Supervisor.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Teamwork – Contribute to building a positive team spirit; Support everyone's effort to succeed.
Communication – Must have exceptional people skills. Able to communicate effectively with any customer and casino employees at all levels.
Motivation - Must be self-motivating and able to motivate employees at all levels to achieve the company's long and short term goals.
Ethnics – Treat people with respect; inspire the trust of others; work with integrity and ethically; uphold organizational values.
Organizational Support – Follow policies and procedures.
Quality – Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
This job requires no supervisory responsibilities.
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. This includes the ability to write simple correspondence and to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written and/or oral instructions. Additionally the ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge in basic computer skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. You must be able to work in a smoke filled environment.