Perform general maintenance and be responsible for the cleanliness of Elk Valley Casino building and grounds during grave shift or early morning hours. Must maintain all aspects of the building in optimum clean and operating condition through routine cleaning, deep cleaning, and set-up for events as necessary.
• Performs periodic deep cleaning of kitchen area including grease removal and heavy duty equipment cleaning
• Identifies & reports any irregular, hazardous, or unsafe conditions.
• Stocks, cleans and organizes designated areas.
• Participates in other department projects as directed by management.
• Working knowledge of cleaning chemicals and solvents preferred.
• Ability to provide quality assurance, maintain health code regulations.
• Utilizes a power washer and associated chemicals following safety regulations.
• Communicates with supervisor/manager to ensure all safety equipment is being used such as knee pads, brushes and any other required equipment.
• Pick-up trash in parking lot
• Check lightbulbs for burnouts and replace
• Empty all property trashcans and scrubbing inside/outside of trash bins
• Clean interior/exterior mirrors and windows.
• Touching up paint on doors and walls. Moving and cleaning between and behind furniture. Mopping and stocking bathrooms
• Perform floor maintenance including stripping, scrubbing and waxing floors, spray-buffing floors, maintaining a high gloss at all times
• Perform carpet maintenance to include vacuuming, spotting and shampooing carpets throughout entire building. Remove stains and spots whenever needed.
• Insure that Casino front entry is swept, vacuumed and maintained at all times.
• Sets up meeting rooms and event centers with tables, chairs, and other furniture as necessary.
• Dusts, cleans, and otherwise maintains interior of the building such as top of bar and restaurant, beams, and other furnishings as needed.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
Communication – Must have exceptional people skills. Able to communicate effectively with any customer and employees at all levels.
Ethics – Treat people with respect; inspire the trust of others; work with integrity and ethically; uphold organizational values.
Motivation - Must be self-motivating and able to motivate employees at all levels to achieve the company’s long and short term goals.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Teamwork – Contribute to building a positive team spirit; Support everyone’s effort to succeed.
This job requires no supervisory responsibilities.
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or one (1) to three (3) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. This includes the ability to communicate effectively in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Visually analyze various capacities of proportions, distances, and frequencies.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
No computer skills are necessary for this position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds within safety procedures. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to see and hear, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud; frequent exposure to cleaning chemicals; risk of electrical shock; and exposure to airborne particles.
Must be able to work under stressful situations. Drug and Alcohol free workplace.
Must be able to work in a smoke filled environment.