Responsible for assisting with the daily preparation of food items in the culinary department. Assists the on duty supervisor to ensure proper food preparation and quality throughout all food outlets. Transports and cleans cooking utensils and service ware in order to provide cooks, buspersons and servers with appropriate equipment for guests' dining experience. Also requires cleaning of physical surroundings.
• Prepares food items as directed by the Chef. Assists the Chef and Kitchen Staff in everyday food preparations.
• Promptly and carefully sort soiled ware so that it can be put through the dish or pot machine properly. Quickly wash all ware and replace in storage areas as designated.
• Keep dish machine properly cleaned and filled with water per Casino standards.
• Operate burnishing machine to ensure proper finish on silverware.
• De-tarnish/polish silver for proper appearance.
• Clean kettles, tilt skillets, pots and pans promptly and completely so cooks can carry out their work and perform other general/routine cleaning tasks as assigned to adhere to health standards.
• Clean and dry floors to avoid slip/fall accidents.
• Maintains a clean and safe workstation according to the standards set by the Casino, including walk in coolers and storage areas.
• Responsible for the good safety and health practices throughout the department, including emergency and security procedures.
• Remains current on all Casino policies and procedures.
• Maintains proper and professional relationship with all Casino Staff.
• Performs other duties such as moving supplies and equipment, cleaning up spills and special projects as requested.
• Provides constructive input to foster process improvement within the department.
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
Communication – Must have exceptional people skills. Able to communicate effectively with any customer and employees at all levels.
Ethics – Treat people with respect; inspire the trust of others; work with integrity and ethically; uphold organizational values.
Motivation - Must be self-motivating and able to motivate employees at all levels to achieve the company’s long and short term goals.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Teamwork – Contribute to building a positive team spirit; Support everyone’s effort to succeed.
This job requires no supervisory responsibilities.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one (1) to three (3) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have the ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, memos, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. This includes the ability to write communicative correspondence and to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Visually analyze various capacities of proportions, distances, and frequencies.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
No computer skills are necessary for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to see and hear, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; and limited exposure to cleaning chemicals.
Must be able to work under stressful situations. Drug and Alcohol free workplace.
Must be able to work in a smoke filled environment.