Performs institutional housekeeping to ensure clean, orderly, and attractive conditions of establishment by performing the following duties personally. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental policies, practices and procedures.
• Responsible for providing our customers with prompt, friendly and Superior Customer Service to provide our guests an entertaining gaming experience and enriching work environment for our team.
• Responsible for keeping the interior of the Casino clean at all times.
• Create a priority of safety first and establish correct cleaning procedures to provide a healthy, clean atmosphere that will add positively to the guest's experience.
• Use an "owner's eye" at all times --- if something needs cleaning, take care of it.
• Complete daily cleaning checklists.
• Maintain cleanliness and health standards within the interior of the Casino at all times.
• Must have knowledge and adherence to policies and procedures.
• Provide prompt, friendly and efficient service in all areas responsible for.
• Be well groomed, friendly and helpful while maintaining a professional appearance and manner.
• Must be self-motivated and be able to work independently without direct supervision.
• Must be capable of being on feet for eight hours and successfully perform the basic functions of the job.
• Be aware of all areas that need cleaning or require maintenance. These should immediately be brought to the attention of the department manager.
• Adheres to all safety guidelines including use of protective equipment.
• Ensures all equipment is used and maintained in accordance with proper procedures.
• Uses chemicals in a proper, safe and responsible manner.
• Ensures all storage areas are cleaned and organized
• Perform job duties around the guest's comfort and enjoyment.
• Communicate verbally and write on the board in the housekeeping station for oncoming shifts regarding cleaning status of the Casino.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
Communication – Must have exceptional people skills. Able to communicate effectively with any customer and employees at all levels.
Ethics – Treat people with respect; inspire the trust of others; work with integrity and ethically; uphold organizational values.
Motivation - Must be self-motivating and able to motivate employees at all levels to achieve the company’s long and short term goals.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Teamwork – Contribute to building a positive team spirit; Support everyone’s effort to succeed.
This job requires no supervisory responsibilities
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or one (1) to three (3) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. This includes the ability to communicate effectively in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, and count units of measure.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
No computer skills are necessary for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds within safety procedures. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to see and hear, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; frequent exposure to cleaning chemicals; and exposure to airborne particles; may be exposed to high heat areas .
Must be able to work under stressful situations. Drug and Alcohol free workplace.
Must be able to work in a smoke filled environment.