Proactively provide and maintain covert surveillance operations to protect the employees, guests, and assets of the Elk Valley Casino and the Elk Valley Rancheria, California by monitoring the casino and other Elk Valley Rancheria, California owned premises to detect illegal activities, disturbances, irregularities, non-compliance, and safety issues utilizing the provided surveillance system(s). To perform all duties in accordance with Company standards, policies and procedures.
• Perform observations to detect unusual or illegal activities, violations or omissions of casino policy and procedures by employees.
• Perform observations of guests to detect unusual or illegal activities.
• Perform observations to detect safety hazards which could be dangerous to employees or guests.
• Observe games to make sure both employees and guests are following rules and regulations.
• Watch for any actual or attempted cheating, daubing/marking of cards, unauthorized access, manipulations and/or use of any illegal devices that may alter the outcome of any game.
• Record surveillance information with video and digital recording devices.
• Responds to radio and phone calls and accurately records data of casino activities.
• Maintain written department documentation, reports and/or logs as required.
• Report any violation of policy or procedure, illegal activity, safety concerns, and any unusual or suspicious activity in accordance with departmental procedures.
• Must learn and become familiar with all controls, rules, regulations and procedures relating to the daily operation of the casino. This includes a fundamental knowledge of federal, state and tribal gaming regulations.
• Must learn and become proficient in operating all surveillance CCTV and related equipment and software.
• Cooperate with other casino departments and/or law enforcement, following approved procedures or as directed by the Elk Valley Rancheria Gaming Commission.
• Performs confidential video reviews as they are received by the surveillance department.
• Make 911 calls in the event of an immediate emergency or at the request of the Casino Shift Manager or Guest Safety Manager.
• Must be able to work any shift on any day including holidays, weekends, or short notice. Report and/or make basic repairs to any surveillance equipment which is malfunctioning following departmental guidelines.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
Communication – Must have exceptional people skills. Able to communicate effectively with any customer and employees at all levels. Must maintain open communications with department supervisors and team members.
Confidentiality – Must maintain the highest level of confidentially. All observations and/or information received must only be used for its intended purpose and shared only with the intended persons.
Ethics – Treat people with respect; inspire the trust of others; work with integrity and ethically; uphold organizational values.
Motivation - Must be self-motivating and able to motivate employees at all levels to achieve the company’s long and short term goals.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Teamwork – Contribute to building a positive team spirit; Support everyone’s effort to succeed.
Oral Communications – Able to summarize events and give updates; ask for (or give) clarification, and respond clearly to questions.
This job requires no supervisory responsibilities.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one (1) to three (3) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have the ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, memos, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. This includes the ability to write communicative correspondence and to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of the organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as discounts, interest, fractions, ratios, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Review and/or audit internal documents to ensure accuracy of purchases, revenue, and errors of transaction.
Ability to handle practical problems and deal with multiple variables simultaneously. Ability to follow a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and suggest a plan of action as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic computer functions knowledge (i.e copy, paste, save, etc.) and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Microsoft Excel and e, Microsoft Outlook. Must type at a minimum of 30 words per minute.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust focus and distinguish colors. Must be able to see and hear, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Must be able to work under stressful situations. Drug and Alcohol free workplace.
Must be able to work in a smoke filled environment.