Protect the casino employees, customers, and assets of the gaming facility by monitoring the casino premises to detect crimes or disturbances, non-compliance or safety issues using closed circuit television monitors and recording devices and notify Gaming Commissioners as needed.
• Observe any suspicious activity, illegal deeds, violations or omissions of casino policy and procedures by employees as well as the actions and behavior of customers through monitoring cameras located throughout the casino.
• Observe anything that might be a hazard or dangerous to employees or customers.
• Observe live games to make sure both dealers and customers are following rules and regulations. Watch for cheating, daubing, marking of cards, and use of any illegal devices that may alter the outcome of the game.
• Record surveillance information with video and digital recording devices.
• Provide written documentation in reports or logs as required.
• Report any violation of policy or procedure, illegal activity, safety concerns, and any unusual or suspicious activity.
• Must have a working knowledge of all rules and regulations relating to the daily operation of the casino. This may include a fundamental knowledge of compliance issues.
• Cooperate with the casino security department and law enforcement under the direction of the Gaming Commission.
• Make 911 calls at the request of the Shift Manager or Security Manager.
• Must be able to work any shift, including weekends and on-call.
• Report and/or repair any machine malfunctions. Install and/or replace new equipment as requested.
• Periodically inventories supplies and equipment as requested.
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
Communication – Must have exceptional people skills. Able to communicate effectively with any customer and employees at all levels.
Ethics – Treat people with respect; inspire the trust of others; work with integrity and ethically; uphold organizational values.
Motivation - Must be self-motivating and able to motivate employees at all levels to achieve the company's long and short term goals.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Teamwork – Contribute to building a positive team spirit; Support everyone's effort to succeed.
Oral Communications-Listen and get clarification; Respond well to questions.
This job requires no supervisory responsibilities.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one (1) to three (3) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have the ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, memos, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. This includes the ability to write communicative correspondence and to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of the organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as discounts, interest, fractions, ratios, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Review and/or audit internal documents to ensure accuracy of purchases, revenue, and errors of transaction.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and suggest a plan of action as necessary.
To perform this job, successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Outlook e-mail, internet, faxing, printing, copying and Oasis. Must type at a minimum of 25 words per minute.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to see and hear, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Must be able to work under stressful situations. Drug and Alcohol free workplace.
Must be able to work in a smoke filled environment.