Primary responsibility of Count/Drop: Count currency, coins and record amounts in prescribed manner according to standards Drop/Count TMICS 542.41 and policies and procedures of Elk Valley Gaming Commission/ Rancheria/Casino.
• Perform basic math skills.
• Maintain dexterity to access computer via computer keyboard and operate 10 key.
• Understand and maintain effective working relationship with staff.
• Understand and comply with all gaming and departmental rules regulations, policies and procedures.
• Work in a fast paced, busy and at times stressful environment.
• Ability to effectively communicate in English both oral and written form.
• Assists in safeguarding the Casino’s monetary assets.
• Counts, verifies and records cash, gaming chips, and tickets from gaming operations.
• Verify and record all meters off gaming machines.
• Insure all paperwork, forms etc. are processed in an accurate and timely manner.
• Responsible for signing all Count Table Contents/Daily Summary Reports.
• Clean and maintains Count Room and equipment.
• Inform surveillance when entering or leaving the vault.
• Maintain a professional, neat, and well-groomed appearance adhering to EVC standards.
• Provide excellent customer service to Casino guests.
• Confidentiality of all EVC business or financial must be maintained.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
Communication – Must have exceptional people skills. Able to communicate effectively with any customer and employees at all levels.
Ethics – Treat people with respect; inspire the trust of others; work with integrity and ethically; uphold organizational values.
Motivation - Must be self-motivating and able to motivate employees at all levels to achieve the company’s long and short term goals.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Teamwork – Contribute to building a positive team spirit; Support everyone’s effort to succeed.
This job requires no supervisory responsibilities.
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or one (1) to three (3) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. This includes the ability to communicate effectively in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of the organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, tips, and return on cash transactions.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
No computer skills are necessary for this position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds within safety procedures. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to see and hear, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Must be able to work under stressful situations. Drug and Alcohol free workplace.
Must be able to work in a smoke filled environment.