Prepares alcoholic beverages in accordance with established standards and all applicable federal laws and regulations. Performs cashier service for Warrior’s bar guests. Provides superior customer service and maintains the bar environment in a manner that will ensure repeat business.
• Greets guests and takes order from patrons on the bar and at the lounge tables.
• Prepares alcoholic beverage orders from the bar for wait staff to serve to guests.
• Maintains the supplies and equipment needed for the daily operation of the bar. Replenishes cocktail napkins, snack items and arranges bottles and glasses attractively.
• Takes payment at the cash register and is responsible for proper cash handling, reconciliation, and accounting for the house bank.
• Ensures compliance with RBS regulations.
• Responsible for managing bar outlet in absence of Lead Bartender.
• Resolves customer concerns and complaints and listens to guest suggestions in a continuous effort to provide superior service to all Elk Valley Casino guests.
• Stock and maintain liquor and beer storage areas following first in, first out protocols.
• Memorizing liquor and beer assortment to best serve the patrons.
• Following Elk Valley Casino cocktail recipes and pouring procedures for consistency.
• Knowledge of food menu and any updates that may happen to the menu, if a new menu is launched.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time and is responsible for checking the posted schedules daily for updates.
Communication – Must have exceptional people skills. Able to communicate effectively with any customer and employees at all levels.
Ethics – Treat people with respect; inspire the trust of others; work with integrity and ethically; uphold organizational values.
Motivation - Must be self-motivating and able to motivate employees at all levels to achieve the company’s long and short term goals.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Teamwork – Contribute to building a positive team spirit; Support everyone’s effort to succeed.
Oral Communications-Listen and get clarification; Respond well to questions.
Cleaning – Must keep bar clean and presentable for all patrons. Prepped and clean for oncoming shift. Detailed closing procedure to be followed.
Stocking – Keep bar stocked and prepped for a smooth flow of service.
This job requires no supervisory responsibilities.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one (1) to three (3) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have the ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, memos, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. This includes the ability to write communicative correspondence and to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of the organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, tips, and return on cash transactions.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
No computer skills are necessary for this position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; hear and speak well. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to see and hear, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; and limited exposure to cleaning chemicals.
Must be able to work under stressful situations. Drug and Alcohol free workplace.
Must be able to work in a smoke filled environment.